Come work with us! We are currently seeking an intern to join our small dedicated team.
Communications and Outreach Intern
We are looking for an individual who has experience (school or work) in communications, graphic design and community outreach. In addition, you should have a demonstrated passion for sustainability efforts. Our intern will provide support to the Program Manager, the Executive Director, and the board of directors.
Event coordination and community outreach
- Assist Program Manager with developing outreach concepts and marketing collateral. Both print and digital for events and programs
- Staff community outreach, such as National Night Out and community events during earth month.
- Attend resident committee and other community-based meetings to represent Lloyd EcoDistrict
- Assist with community outreach designed to promote, engage, educate, and inform the community about the goals of the organization. Currently, we are involved in an electric bike campaign, a community planning effort aimed at equity, resilience, and climate, building 5 sleeping pods for the houseless community, and two intersection murals
General Marketing support
- Update and create marketing materials for our existing programs suitable for print and digital
- Intern will co-create:
o Program descriptions
o Event signage, posters, web links
o PowerPoint presentations
Email Marketing, Social Media & Web-based work
- Maintain updates to Lloyd EcoDistrict Facebook, Instagram and Twitter accounts, and grow the number of followers to the accounts
- Update blog and website
- Produce monthly newsletter
o Develop, improve, and maintain distribution list
o Write articles and find content
- Maintain CRM database/email listserv, providing support for contact input from all outreach events
Requires experience or skills in the following areas:
- Proficiency in graphic design programs such as InDesign and as well as web platforms such as WordPress.
- Ability to work independently, self-directed and confidently in a variety of settings (corporate, small business, government, and local community groups). This position may require some work during evenings and weekends.
- Strong inter-personal and cultural competence skills.
- A demonstrable commitment to promoting and enhancing diversity.
- Strong organizational and time-management skills.
- Strong written and oral communication skills, including the effective use of social media.
- Experience with basic computer programs and web-based tools, including but not limited to Microsoft Office Suite, CRMs and email marketing platforms, Google applications/tools, or other virtual communication and outreach methods.
Salary: $15.00/ hour to start, 20 hours/week. Flexible hours, 6 months with the possibility of becoming permanent
If interested, please send cover letter, resume, and a sample of your writing and design work to firstname.lastname@example.org by June 13, 2018